Sunday, September 5, 2010

DAY 3

I woke up with some pain for the first time and my foot was throbbing a bit.  I took anti-inflamatories and the pain soon subsided.  My foot feels less tight and swollen, although the half-cast and bandages prevent me from actually seeing if it's swollen or not. However the Ace bandage feels as it's wrapped too tight and I have some numbness in my toes and on the side of my foot.  My doctor tells me this is common and to just loosen the Ace bandage myself. After I loosen the bandage, the numbness and tight feeling goes away.  Since the half-cast is covering the surgical area, I can't ice it.  Instead, my doctor tells me to ice the back of knee as the capillaries to the foot run through that area and it will have the same effect.  I accidentally put some weight on my foot a few times and it hurts a bit, but nothing severe.  This entire procedure has brought me little to no pain. Maybe this is because I'm a boxer, and my tolerance for pain is high.

No comments:

Post a Comment