Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DAY 9

I was in a half-cast for 8 days following my surgery.  I was not allowed to put any weight on my foot during that time.  I went to the doctor yesterday who removed the cast and bandages.  I had no swelling and my foot looked great.  It was straight and my arch didn't collapse.  I was only able to put a tiny bit of weight on my foot, so I won't know if my fallen arch is corrected until I'm full weight bearing. However on a inspiring note, a tiny bit of weight is all it took to collapse my arch before the surgery.  I was put in an Air Cast (seen bellow) and finally allowed to walk on my foot.  The first 2 steps were very painful, but then every step after that hurt less and less.  I walked around for short periods sporadically for the rest of the day.  By the evening, many of my steps didn't hurt at all, although every 3 or 4 steps did still produce pain.  The pain was bearable though... about a 6 out of 10.  I didn't walk too much as it was the 1st day I'm walking and I didn't want to overdue it - it's best it ease into it.  I got home and took off the Air Cast, and my foot still had no swelling.  Things are going great.  I hope it continues this way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment