Sunday, September 5, 2010

MY BACKGROUND

I'm a 33 year old fit male. I've had flat feet all my life.  They have always caused pain and discomfort.  I've worn custom orthotics since I was 17.  The orthotics helped relieve my pain and discomfort a bit, but as I reached my mid-20's I started getting chronic lower back, sciatica, and knee pain.  By the time I reached my 30's, I was suffering from sciatica and lower back pain almost daily.  I need to use a lower back support pillow almost every time I sit.  After standing (with or without orthotics) for more than 20 minutes, I always experience some level of pain or discomfort.  My posture is also a bit slouched due to my flat feet. So, now that I'm still young… i opted for the Hyprocure Implant as it's the newest and seemingly best designed stent on the market and has a high success rate.  To perform the surgery, I chose Dr. Jeffery Kass who has a practice in Forrest Hills, NY. He's a great doctor who has performed the most Hyprocure stent implant surgeries in all of New York.  He has tons of experience, answered all my questions, and is a truly caring physician. I decided against the alternate reconstructive flat foot surgery because it's very invasive, has a history of complications, and of the length of recovery (1 year per foot) is too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment